Since 2003, the East Coast Village has been facilitating rite of passage ceremonies and intense experiential healing in nature based on the powerful tradition of the Dagara people, taught by Elder Malidoma Somé, who was destined to reveal the ancient wisdom and practices of his people to the West, to restore individuals to their connection with their indigenous mind – to reconnect with their gifts and purpose.
Whether they are raised in indigenous or modern culture, there are two things that people crave: the full realization of their innate gifts, and to have these gifts approved, acknowledged, and confirmed. There are countless people in the West whose efforts are sadly wasted because they have no means of expressing their unique genius. In the psyches of such people there is an inner power and authority that fails to shine because the world around them is blind to it.
— The Healing Wisdom of Africa: Finding Life Purpose Through Nature, Ritual, and Community
The Power of Ancestral Medicine Changes Lives
Know that we couldn’t have come this far without the support of our Friends. Your love of nature, spirit, magic, and ancestral connection has anchored the work of this community. Your unparalleled support in the past enabled us to:
- Purchase 20 acres of beautiful land allowing us to offer ritual intensives and healing practices on our own sacred lands
- Provide meeting space for community building, training and gatherings
- Erect fully-activated shrines of the Dagara tradition where activities, such as Elder Initiation, can be carried out with a direct link to the medicine in Dano (Malidoma’s village in Burkina Faso).
- Increase the housing capacity for our residential programs to accommodate more people during ritual intensives
Now, as we journey through 2023, a year of Magic and Transformation, we are need your support to raise well needed funds (and lots of new friends!) to usher in new and exciting transformational programs. both on-site and online.
We urge you to answer the call of the ancestors; to share our visions of expansion and continued spiritual transformation; to help us share the Dagara wisdom to all who need it.
Your donation of$10, $15, $25, $50 or more, will go towards supporting the work of the Village including:
Scholarships – help us extend tuition to those in need so more people will have access to ritual, community and healing,
Building Improvements – your donations will help us upgrade our facilities, including digging a well, while maintaining the magical eco-system of our Village campus.
Again, Barka! Barka! for your continued generosity. And we trust that the ashé of your gifts will be fully witnessed by the ancestors.
Here’s how you can help:
- Make a donation. Make a one-time gift to one of the funding options on our donation page or give to the general fund.
- Make it a dedication. Consider turning your upcoming birthday or anniversary into a worthy cause and request donations instead of gifts.
- Rally your friends and family. Invite them to support the cause with a gift of $10, $15, $20 or whatever amount they can to your dedication.
- Spread the word. Use the social media links at the bottom of each profile to post on Facebook, Twitter or send by email. Even if you are not able to make a donation – sharing is caring. A link to the profile will automatically be inserted. Let your friends know why you care.
Every donation you give to the Foundation is a tax-deductible donation to the extent allowed by law. Make sure to save or print the confirmation email sent to your inbox after you donate.
Your support means so much. Barka! Barka! (barka means thank you in Dagara).